- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet onion soup mix (or your favorite homemade onion soup mix)
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by”
date (which should be three months from the prep day).
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water.
- Add to crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 4 hours in a 6-quart crock pot or 8 hours
in a 4-quart crock pot.
- Serve with brown rice.
- Yields: 6 servings